Looking for a speaker for an upcoming event?
Be Bold, Not Bossy: Leading with Humility, Tact and Assertiveness to Rock Your Job Search and Career
The topic of women’s empowerment in the workplace is getting a lot of media attention these days thanks to Sheryl Sandberg and her book, Lean In. What does it mean to be empowered and why is it so important? In this talk we’ll discuss what empowerment is, how we often sabotage ourselves (and sometimes don’t even know we’re doing so!) and what we can do to be bold in both our job searches and in our career.
Managing the Intern Experience
The transition from school to work can be significant in a student’s life. This talk explores the importance of relationships over technical knowledge, offering practical advice on everything from how to dress, to how to network, to how to make the most of their experience as an intern.
The Power of LinkedIn
LinkedIn – a great business tool, but what do you do with all of those connections? Who should you accept invites from and who should you ask to connect to you? What is the etiquette of asking for an introduction? Why does networking matter when you’re not in a job search? In this interactive talk we’ll explore how the power of relationships can expand your network and how to make the most of this amazing technological tool.
Hippies to Hipsters: How Three Generations Work Together in Today’s Office
At any given company there are typically 3 generations working side by side. Some grew up with technology, others have adapted to it along the way. Gain a deeper awareness of the strengths and challenges of the Baby Boomers, Generation X and Millennials, as we walk through the cultural landscape and work mindset of each generation. Empathy stems from awareness. After this insightful talk, you’ll view the generations in your office through a new light.
Managing the Brand Called YOU!
Branding isn’t just for companies. We all have a personal brand. Is your brand promoting your career growth or holding you back from opportunity? In this talk you’ll gain an understanding of what it means to have a brand and how you can maximize yours for success. From curating a tailored social media presence, to reviewing our visual story, we’ll explore all the ways our brand is determined. You’ll walk away with the tools to understand your own brand better, and ideas on how to make modifications to show up the way you want to be seen.
- Job Seeker Workshop Series (Park Ridge, IL – January 2018)
- Schaumburg Public Library (Schaumburg, IL – Feb 2018)
- Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce (Park Ridge, IL – June 2018)
Where I’ve Spoken:
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- University of Colorado, Career Services
- Boulder Area Human Resource Association
- DePaul University
- University of Illinois, Society of Women in Business
- RR Donnelly
- The Horton Group
- Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt, P.C.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Northwestern University Alumni Association
- Barrington High School, Barrington, IL
- Founding Mom’s Exchange, Il
- Illinois Diversity Council
- Tech Saavy – STEM Conference
- American Association of University Women – State Conference
- Schaumburg Public Library
- Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce